From left to right: M.A.C Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara//M.A.C In Extreme Dimension – 3D Black Lash Mascara//CoverGirl LashBlast Mega Volume Mascara//Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara//Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Baby Doll Mascara//Too Face Better Than Sex Mascara
I have always felt like the majority of mascaras were the same, never finding one that was amazing enough to stick with.
Over the past few months, I have scoured the web in search for the perfect mascara. Through product reviews and claims I chose these 6.
- M.A.C Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara – lengthens, extends and separates. Formula can be sticky when applying a second coat and I didn’t achieve much volume.
- M.A.C In Extreme Dimension – 3D Black Lash Mascara – this mascara is great! It extends length, creates curl and adds volume. I would purchase again.
- CoverGirl LashBlast Mega Volume Mascara – this is good mascara and leaves lashes looking full. One drawback – when applying I get mascara on my upper eyelids. I have to wipe with a damp q-tip after applying.
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara – lengthens and curls but I didn’t get much volume.
- Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Baby Doll Mascara – I love this mascara! Lashes look full and fluttery. However, this one flakes and leaves residue on skin after a few hours.
- The winner: Too Face Better Than Sex Mascara – amazing!!! The first time I heard about this mascara was from Emily’s blog The Sweetest Thing. I have always admired her lashes and had to give it a try when she mentioned it. With just two coats, I look like I am wearing false lashes!!!
Watch this video or follow the below steps to apply mascara. Start at 1:12 for full instructions.
- Brush the hour glass wand through the lashes from base to tip, giving it a slight push to lashes at the tip.
- Roll the brush along the full length of the lashes from base to tip.
- Apply mascara both under and over the lash bed to create a “blacker-than-black curled dramatically voluptuous results so amazing it’s better than sex!“