Photo by Michelle Dorman Photography
Today I’m talking about my favorite topic (drumroll please): J.Crew! Duh! What else would it be. The other day Niki from Love Niki asked me about my favorite discount stores. While she loves J.Crew, it doesn’t love her wallet. I know exactly what she means.
I am going to cover how I save while shopping J.Crew. I also added a “Why I Like J.Crew” list at the end of this post.
- Sign up For Emails – This is key. It’s all about staying in the know. J.Crew seriously has some type of sale or promotion going every week.
- Never Buy At Full Price – I can’t even recall the last time I bought J.crew at full price. If there isn’t a current sale or promo then hold off and be patient. It’s just a matter of time until the next sale.
- Watch for Sales – The sale section is always available in store and online (often with an additional discount) so check it often. Just because it’s marked down doesn’t mean it isn’t good stuff; we are still talking about J.Crew.
- Promotions – Not to be confused with the sale section, promos are when items are temporarily discounted by a certain percentage. This is how I get most of my stuff. Often times the entire site is on promotion, if not select items.
- J.Crew Factory – A lot of people still don’t know about J.Crew Factory. They do items similar to J.Crew, but at a lower price point. The quality is good, but swap cashmere for merino, or merino for cotton. They do still carry some cashmere sweaters and the quality is serviceable. Oh, don’t forget their jewelry, it’s amazing and the price is even better. You can shop J.Crew Factory online or search by location to see if you have one in your area. Don’t forget to sign up for their emails; they also do sales and promos.
- Thrift – You can score great stuff on eBay and thrift shops.
Wearing my favorite J.Crew dog sweater, gingham shirt, J.Crew Factory necklace, and Loft bracelet. See original post.
Why I like J.Crew:
- Unique – I love their novelty pieces, they are so unique. They definitely set the bar high when it comes to critter sweaters, blouses, and other embellished knits.
- Quality – The quality is at the top end of the “mall brand” spectrum. I would compare it to Club Monaco.
- Fit – My shape is kinda strange. I’m petite in height, smaller on my lower half, and larger on top. Some of the items at J.Crew are cut for a smaller frame, but overall a lot of the pieces fit me better then other retailers.
- Timeless – The majority of your J.crew purchases can be worn year after year, never looking dated.
- Jewelry – They have the best costume jewelry I’ve ever seen, period. #iwantitall
I hope you’ve found these tips helpful and a big thank you to Niki for inspiring this post. If you have other stuff that you would like to see on the blog let me know in the comments. I love hearing from you guys. Thanks so much for reading.