According to Phil, winter ain’t gone quite yet! But that should not stop you from planning for Spring. To get started, I recommend looking at your favorite retailers and fashion experts (bloggers, celebs, and magazines) to determine the trends (bell sleeves, cropped pants, and off the shoulder blouses). While I am all for trends, I prefer the classics. This is why I am recommending five items you need for Spring. The best part is you might already own some of these items. If not, they are inexpensive enough to pick up pretty much anywhere.
- Something Blush. I am a girly-girl through and through and I can’t get enough blush in my wardrobe. It’s just so feminine and romantic. It’s also a good transitional color that works now and later. I picked up this gorgeous blush tote and these shoes . I am still on the lookout for a faux leather jacket and some other blush items.
- A Military-inspired jacket aka “the anorak or utility coat”. Such a classic and always on trend. You can opt for the more traditional anorak style or a cute shrunken blazer like the one in this post. What I like about this classic is you can dress it up or down (wear with pants, shorts, dress and skirts) and it’s also another great transitional piece. See how I styled this trend here, here, and here.
- White Denim. This trend is here to stay and becoming the new normal. Do yourself a favor and pick up several pairs, I would opt for a skinny, distressed and a cropped pair. You can also wear this look year round.
- Ruffles, on ruffles on, ruffles! Ruffles are in full bloom this season as they should be. They are one of my favorites. If your style is girly, stock up on this trend and incorporate it in your tops, blouses, jacket, and skirts. See my ruffle outfits here, here, here and here.
- Seasonally appropriate makeup. Around this time last year, I started rocking a bright lip. My go to was Purity Persimmon and Smokin Hot Pink. Have fun with your lip color and be sure to update your nail color in brighter shades
Blazer: Target Who What Wear Collection | Blouse: Nordstrom (similar)| Denim: Loft (similar) | Purse: Margot via Marshalls (similar) | Necklace: Stella & Dot | Booties: Bare Trap (similar)| Lipstick: Bite Beauty (similar)
📷’s by Luba Kochubey Portraits