This series is part of the 10X10 Spring Challenge. For more information on what it is and how it works, click here.
In honor of the Spring Wardrobe Challenge coming to an end (only one post left!), I thought it would be helpful to revisit my goals and what I wanted to accomplish. This will hopefully inspire you to start your own capsule wardrobe and rid yourself of unnecessary items. In case you missed it, also check out this post on 6 Things I’ve Learned From My Capsule Wardrobe.
5 Reasons to Start Your Own Capsule Wardrobe
Save money. This was a huge one! Not only was I feeling creatively stagnant in my clothing choices, but I also didn’t want to spend a bunch of money. Due to some weight gain, I didn’t have many options that still worked. My 10 pieces were interchangeable and perfect for every day.
Ignite creativity and feel content. Prior to starting this blog almost four years ago I was a complete shopaholic! When I felt stressed I would shop. Didn’t feel pretty? Shop. Lose or gain weight? I would shop. Thankfully J.Jill sent me a bunch of spring items so I didn’t have to pick up a lot of stuff: see here, here, and here. As a bonus, working with less helped me think outside of the box and allowed me to really maximize my 10 items.
Make intentional purchases. Once I paired down my wardrobe and curated my 10 looks, I found that what I really needed was some new undergarments like tanks, underwear, and bras. What I had was either too small, old, or both.
Identify wardrobe gaps. Other than undergarments, I realized that I could also use a few more pairs of shoes and another lightweight jacket. I wore my denim jacket and some other lightweight options for most of the season. I realized I wanted one more, preferably something that looks good with black.
Try something new. When you’re limited to only 10 pieces you have to get creative, which is why I am a big fan of this outfit where I wore my dress as a skirt. I know it’s not super innovative but I was proud of myself for trying something new.
Will you be trying a capsule wardrobe? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Shop the Post:
*c/o: courtesy of or gifted.
More From This Series:
- Unintentional Capsule Wardrobe + Spring Wardrobe Challenge 10×10
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #1 – Mastering the Half-Tuck
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #2 – Taking Fashion Risk
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #3 – My Best Closet Staple
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #4 – The Knit Dress and Why You Need One
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #5- 6 Things I’ve Learned From My Capsule Wardrobe
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #6 – Transitional Outfit For Spring
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #7 – Be the Change You Want to See
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #8 – The Lightweight Sweater