Denim Jacket: Gap (similar) | Sweater: Ann Taylor (similar)| Pants: Gap (similar) | Necklace: Sophie Harper (via Rocksbox) (get your first month free with code laceandpearlsblogxoxo at checkout)| Earrings: Favery (borrowed) |Purse: Foley + Corina via thredUp (similar in black)| Midi Ring: c/o Pretty Particular (use code laceandpearls to receive 20% off your order)| Ring: Stella & Dot | Sandals: Josef Seibel | Lip gloss: Georgio Armani (#519) | Lashes: Ardell (similar)
I am a big fan of printed pants. Even though I’m pretty sure the trend is over (with the exception of the seasonal print – hello Spring!), I won’t be packing up mine any time soon. Since I have a handful of options, I wanted to share some tips on how to wear them in case you struggle with the idea or just need a creative refresher.
- You can’t go wrong with a solid top.
- Be sure that your top includes a color from your pant to tie things together.
- Be mindful of size. You don’t want the print to overpower your frame. If you’re petite go for a small print.
Pair your printed pants with a:
- Simple tee The perfect off-duty look. Throw on your favorite tee, some flats, and dainty jewelry and you’re ready to go.
- Silk blouse My go-to, perfect for most occasions.
- Chambray shirt If you want something a little more causal, then the chambray is another solid option. Just remember to pile on the jewelry and bright lippies!
- Cozy sweater Pick up a lightweight sweater to get you through the cooler nights.
- Jacket (today’s post) When all else fails grab your denim jacket, blazer, or anorak and call it good.
It’s all about the shoes
Most people recommend steering clear of flats with printed pants, opting for a heel or wedge to elongate your frame. I say wear whatever you want, and if the occasions is laid back enough, go for your favorite pair of sneakers or flats.
Shop the Post: