Photo by Michelle Dorman Photography
Vest: Loft (another option) | Sweater: Club Monaco (similar) | Jeans: Loft (similar) | Necklace: J.Crew Factory (similar) | Bracelet: Stella & Dot | Ring: Old Navy (old) & Gorjana (another option)| Shoes: Jambu |Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar) | Lipstick: Wet n Wild (Mocha-licious)
Most people don’t have the luxury of wearing a new outfit everyday. This is why I love the idea of doing more with less. It is much easier to come up with great outfit combination when your wardrobe consist of good quality pieces that are easily interchangeable.
I have never considered wearing these two pieces (vest and sweater) together. Since they are both pretty neutral it just kinda works. I managed to create 5 different outfits (if changing your hair counts as a different look). I thought it would be fun to share some tips on making the most out of your wardrobe.
- Purge unnecessary items Having too many items in your closet (especially those that you don’t ever wear) only makes it more challenging when you’re getting ready. You don’t need to have a massive wardrobe to look good, just a smart one that works with your lifestyle.
- Invest in versatile pieces If the majority of your closet consists of unique items that can only be worn for only one occasion, you may need to reassess your strategy. When you make a new purchase, bring that piece home and work on creating several outfits. If you’re not able to accomplish this task, then you may want to return that item.
- Stick with neutrals This will ensure that most of the items in your closet can be worn together, making them easier to style.
- Accessorize! A new handbag, shoe, or piece of jewelry can make the most basic of outfits look instantly chic. Invest in quality items and you will get more bang for your buck.
- Change your hair or makeup This can really up your game and is an inexpensive way to change things up. Try a new hairstyle or lipstick. Both of these can make a difference and take the focus away from your clothing.
- Choose quality over quantity When you’re building your wardrobe it should only consist of the things you love. Having nice things (investment pieces) will prevent you from coveting unnecessary items, satisfying you and your wallet.
I hope that you have found this helpful and it inspires you to get creative with the items that you already have. Thanks for reading!
Shop the Post:
Amelia Vesper says
Great tips, lady! Accessorizing can completely change an outfit – this is how I justify my ridiculous collection of jewelry, which I’m sure you can identify with 😉
Thanks Mil! I totally agree.
Doreen's Style Diary says
Love these awesome tips. I’ve yet to clean out my closet to get rid off items I haven’t touched in years but yet are eating up space.
Thanks Doreen! It can be a pain to get started, but once you do it’s pretty easy. Think of it this way, once you rid yourself of items that are no longer being used you can make room for new pieces that you love. Good luck! 😀
Aw you look adorable and I love your happy smile! That waterfall vest is too cute!
Aww, thanks Tina! You’re so sweet.