Today’s outfit is not festive, but with a few changes it has the potential. To get started, I recommend a few items. Most if not all of these pieces you will already own or can pick up at the store.
Casual Holiday Outfit Essentials
- Clutch. Instead of carrying a cross body bag, I would opt for a clutch. Clutches are a great way to dress up your look. If you’re looking for a clutch I would check out Nordstrom, Target, and DSW. I found a simple black clutch at DSW that will work for most occasions.
- Heels. A heel makes everything look good: jean, pants, dress or skirt. Not to mentioned a great confidence booster! Walking around in a pair of pumps will take a casual look to the next level. If you’re more of a flats girl, opt for a pair that is sparkly (it’s the holidays after all) or one with a bow.
- Bright lip. If you’re a long-term reader, you know that I always recommend wearing lipstick. It’s an inexpensive way to look polished and brighten up your look. In today’s post, I went for a darker lip, but if I were to attend a holiday party I would wear red. If you’re hesitant to wear a bright lip, try an orange-red or one with blue undertones. A burgundy or bright pink would also look nice.
- Statement earring, necklace, or brooch. I love jewelry, especially during the holidays. Depending on your style, go for a festive statement piece. For this look I would wear a sparkly brooch to dress up the simple top. If I wore my hair up, I would do a statement earring.
The Finishing Touch – Something Glam
For your final piece, go for the glam! I recommend any of the below items to take your look up a notch. If you’re looking for a more subtle statement, lace is always a good option. Oh, and nail polish. Do something sparkly, bright, or both.
- False lash. Lashes are so much fun. Check out this holiday beauty post for some inspiration.
- Sequins. Doesn’t need much of an explanation and there are so many options to choose from. For a fun take on this never-ending trend, choose your sparkle in a color. Pink, anyone? Then remix for New Years.
- Faux Fur. You could throw on a fur stole (like the one I wore in this post) or vest. Both are festive and you can wear them many times throughout the season. Plus, it a great way to stay warm.
Top: Loft (similar) |Necklace: Nadri (similar)| Midi Ring: Pretty Particular c/o (use code laceandpearls to receive 20% off your order) | Denim: Treasure and Bound (now on sale!)| Heels: Paul Green | Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar) via thredUp | Lipstick: Wet n Wild (Mocha-licious)
📷’s by Luba Kochubey Portraits