To stick with my 2017 health goal, I have created a bedtime ritual to help me relax. One of the biggest things I struggle with is stress management. Between work, the blog, and life it can be tough to unwind. Taking a bath several days a week has made a world of a difference.
When I take a bath, I typically add in some bath salts and light a candle. If I’m feeling extra fancy I’ll have some wine. Then I use the following Pixi products:
Bedtime Ritual with Pixi Beauty
- Nourishing Cleansing Balm. This balm is made with sweet almond oil and is Paraben free, keeping the skins natural oils intact. It also removes makeup and is formulated for all skin types. However, I found that it’s not great for oily skin since it’s super hydrating. It left my skin feeling greasy.
- Glow Tonic is a classic astringent that cleanses pores and exfoliates. It’s gentle and is suitable for all skin types. I’ve only used this toner a couple of times, and am curious if my skin will look and feel more smooth like product claims.
- Rose Oil Blend. With just a few drops it will help improve your skin’s elasticity and glow. For extra hydration, you can mix with your daily moisturizer. Ingredients include sweet almond, rosehip, jojoba, pomegranate seed, and rose geranium. I’m obsessed with the smell.
📷’s by Luba Kochubey Portraits
If I’m applying these products during the day, I’ll also use:
- Beauty Blush Duo (light/pastel). A blush and highlighter in one. Great for the girl on the go. This set hydrates while staying put and is light-diffusing. Use the included kabuki brush to buff the pink shade onto the apples of your cheeks. Then apply the highlighter to the high points of your cheekbones, brow bones, and down the center of your nose for some extra glow. The color palette is beautiful and super easy to use. Since the powder is hydrating, it’s not ideal for oily skin. After a few hours, my skin looked oily.
- Liplift Max (Honey Sheen). This pretty gloss is a lip plumper that hydrates and also looks pretty. It’s a great dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre (Ibiza Nights). Love the shimmery translucent color. It can be worn on its own or layered over your favorite lipstick.
What helps you get a restful sleep? Share your tips in the comments.
*Pixi by Petra provided me with these products, but all opinions are my own.