This series is part of the 10X10 Spring Challenge. For more information on what it is and how it works, click here.
I’ve never really been a fan of the knit dress, but now I understand why they are so popular. They’re easy to style, pack well, and can be dressed up or down. What’s fun about this dress is the color-block detail and contrasting blue and white vertical stripes. It’s a great dress for now and later!
The Knit Dress and Why You Need One
- Get ready quick. It takes the guesswork out of getting ready. Depending on the weather, you can either go bare leg or wear tights. Then top things off with your outerwear or a lightweight sweater. You can also get creative and style this dress with a cute pair of sneakers, wedges, or flats.
- Wear on multiple occasions. What’s great about this dress is that it works for the office by adding a lightweight blazer, you can wear it on vacation, or even when running errands. The lightweight material and length make this dress super flattering and comfortable. Perfect for wherever the day takes you!
- Great for vacations. This dress is perfect for travel since it won’t take up much space in your luggage. It will also pack well and need very little ironing, especially if you roll the dress instead of folding.
- It makes you think outside of the box. It’s like the modern take on the little black dress but a bit more interesting. You can wear it as a skirt (shown here), with a vest (today’s post) or with a lightweight jacket. It would also look cute with a tied waist blouse or a white denim jacket.
- You can change up the overall look and feel with accessories. Wouldn’t this dress look so cute with a floral or striped scarf? I like the idea of mixing prints, especially in the warmer months.
If you are in the market for a knit dress, look no further than J.Jill for some cute spring essentials. They have a plethora of great options.
Are you a fan of the knit dress? Share in the comments.
Shop the post:
Dress: J.Jill c/o | Sweater: Club Monaco (similar) | Necklace: Lace & Pearls Jewelry | Booties: Paul Green (similar) | Purse: Ted Baker (similar) | Lipstick: Urban Decay 1993 c/o
*c/o: courtesy of or gifted.
More From This Series:
- Unintentional Capsule Wardrobe + Spring Wardrobe Challenge 10×10
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #1 – Mastering the Half-Tuck
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #2 – Taking Fashion Risk
Leave a Reply