Daytime Skin Care Routine For Oily Skin
- IQ Natural Clarifying Acne Cleanser – I collaborated with IQ Natural a few years ago. After the campaign was done, I stopped using my beloved Kate Somerville products and continued to use the IQ Natural Clarifying Daily Care Set, which includes the Acne Clarifying System. They eventually did a rebrand and although the products are the same, I do feel that the cleanser is more aggressive than I remembered. I still think the products are great, but if you have sensitive skin, I might opt for another option within the line.
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner. This toner visibly reduces the appearance of pores without over-drying the skin and it’s oil-free. It’s also formulated with alpha and beta hydroxy acids which are awesome for acne-prone skin. It’s inexpensive and gets the job done.
- Queen Helene Facial Masque, Mint Julep This is probably the only face mask you will ever need – it’s seriously that good! Whenever my skin is looking tired or my makeup is not staying put, I apply this mask and it takes years off my face and my makeup instantly looks more refined. The ingredients are formulated for oily and acne-prone skin, plus the price point is beyond affordable. I love it!
- Shiseido WASO Quick Matte Moisturizer. I’m obsessed with having a matte finish when it comes to my moisturizers, so when I heard about this one, I made a dash to Sephora and found out that they only sell it online. Once I got it, I was happy with the results, but didn’t feel like it kept me very matte. The formula is meant to hydrate while it mattifies, so maybe that’s why it didn’t work for me.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover – I have been using Neutrogena products for as long as I can remember, so when I was in dire need of an eye makeup remover, I picked this one up. It’s a bit oily but works like a charm!
- Differin Gel – I found out about this brand through another collaboration. I partnered with them for several months and could visibly see a difference after using this one. Differin Gel is not a spot treatment though, so be sure to use all over your face and not just in the affected area when applying.
- IQ Natural Retinol Age Fighting Serum– I don’t know a lot about Retinol other than it’s age-defying. Since I fell in love with IQ Natural, I decided to give their serum a try and am happy with the results so far. It’s also been shown to help fade age spots and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- neuLASH – Prior to lash extensions, I was obsessed with having long and thick lashes! I took the plunge and got a 2-pack of neuLASH during a Nordstrom anniversary sale. I should warn you that this stuff is not cheap and although I think it’s an okay product, I didn’t really see any noticeable results. If you’re interested in hearing more about this product, see my full review here.
What skincare products do you recommend for oily skin?
P.S. You might also like: