maurices graciously sponsored this Instagram post, but I fell in love with the brand and wanted to write a full blog post. All opinions are my own. Thank you, maurices for gifting me the clothing and accessories shared here.
Seattle has some of the best brunch spots—think Instagram-worthy aesthetics and delicious bites. Oh, and the people watching! The overall attire is super casual, but when your closest gal pals are fashion bloggers, you know they’re going to look glam!
So what do you wear to a holiday brunch? Whatever you want really, but since my style is on casual side, I almost always wear a pair of jeans. If I’m attending a blog event, I feel most comfortable in denim and find I can dress it up or down, depending on the type of event.
When maurices challenged me to create a look for my favorite holiday gathering with friends, I opted for a pair of high-waisted denim, striped tee, and black fur vest.
These items may sound “blah,” but the black fur vest is festive, especially when paired with the sparkly black purse. My striped shirt is more unique then your typical stripe tee—it’s elevated with the ruffle sleeve. I love how each of these separates can be styled in endless combinations and even worn after the holidays.
- Denim: This is my first time trying maurices’ denim, and I have to say I’m impressed! They’re super comfortable, and the wash is seemingly perfect. Although these jeans are high-waisted, they’re not too tight. (I dislike wearing pants that tug or pull at my waistline.)
- Fur vest: I wrote about my vest earlier this month, so be sure to check out that post for another way to style. I love love love this vest! I have searched high and low for the past three winters for a fur vest that didn’t make me look bulky, and this one is beyond amazing. It looks and feels expensive. Get it! I promise you won’t regret it.
- Tee: I wish this shirt came in other colors—it’s that perfect! I hate when tees are overly tight through the midsection or have too much fabric through the lower body where it looks unflattering. This shirt is everything. It feels feminine and chic, and I’ll probably grab it on a weekly basis.
Along with putting together a holiday brunch outfit, I was also asked to share my photo tips for taking pictures with friends. I shared these over in my Instagram post but thought it would be helpful to include them here, too.
- Take time to practice posing in front of a mirror.
- Review past photos and take note of angles that you liked or didn’t like.
- Lastly, just have fun! When you’re truly yourself, your best look will shine through.
What do you wear to a holiday brunch? Share in the comments.
Shop the Post:
*c/o: courtesy of or gifted
Photography: Nicholas Mercado