The Perks of Wearing a Sweater Blazer
- Shoulder pads. Hello broad shoulders!!! I am SO not a fan of shoulder pads, but understand why most blazers have them. I have broad shoulders and won’t go near a jacket or coat that has them. I already look like a linebacker, I don’t need extra help in that area. The sweater blazer does not typically have shoulder pads. Thank goodness!
- Tight arms, yeah this one is huge!!! My arms are on the larger side so this is another reason why I love the sweater blazer. The knit is so forgiving and allows more room compared to a structured blazer.
- Can’t button at the chest. The true fit-test! If you can’t button a blazer it’s too small. Even though most women wear them open it’s still nice to have the option to wear it closed. When I wear a sweater blazer, the knit material provides more give then the traditional blazer.
How to Wear a Sweater Blazer?
When to Wear a Sweater Blazer?
- Work is the most obvious time to wear a sweater blazer. It would look super cute paired with pants and a blouse or for a more dressy look. You could also wear it over a sleeveless dress or with a skirt.
- Play. Wear to brunch or alfresco for a late lunch or early dinner. I think it would look nice paired with shorts and wedges.
- Evening. Date night or a casual dinner with friends.
How I like to Wear It
To elevate this outfit, I went for a polka dot sweater blazer. The juxtaposition of the polka dot with the stripes takes this look to the next level and makes it more interesting.