I can’t believe I made it to year three (actual blogiversary is on 10/6)! This time last year I was contemplating giving up the blog. I was definitely feeling like my progress was stagnant, but according to some sources, year three is when things start to happen. This gave me hope and allowed me to quantify my progress: year one is for learning, year two is for putting things in motion, and year three is for scaling and growth.
Celebrating a blogiversary is like gearing up for a new year. It’s that time to reflect and begin thinking of new ideas and goals. My jewelry line is just one example. I wrote about launching it all the way back in January of 2016. At the time, I just had too much going on and knew that if I wanted to really pursue this blogging thing, then the jewelry would have to wait. But how cool is it that I finally made it happen?! Who cares if it took almost two years from when I spoke about it. The point is that I actually did it! Let this be a lesson to anyone who has a dream, it can happen and will, you just have to take the steps to get it done.
- Improved writing. I’ve always felt insecure about my writing. Earlier this year, I went ahead and hired someone to proofread my posts. She primarily looks at grammar and whether things sound awkward, but it’s been life-changing and allowed me to spend less time reworking a post and more time doing the things I love. It’s also helped me become a better writer and recognize patterns. Kristyn has since helped me scale and work on things like gearing up my monthly newsletter and jewelry line.
- Monthly Newsletter. Email lists are so important! In this business, you’re constantly bombarded with growing your list. This is something I’ve had on my to-do for a long time. My hope is to bridge the gap between me and my readers. I want my content to be more relevant to what they’re wanting. The newsletter is a direct way to communicate this to me.
- Work ahead of schedule. At the end of July, I had three months of content planned out and about half of them written. This has truly given me room to breathe and create at my own pace rather than coming up with something every week. Again, I have my good friend Kristyn to thank for that! With her savvy editing skills, I can really get a leg up in my other blogging goals.
- Sponsored content. I’ve finally begun to get sponsored posts! When you’re sponsored by a brand, you are not only gifted product but paid to share about the brand. I am very selective with whom I work with and turned down a lot of opportunities. It has to be a good fit for me and my audience. My photography expenses are pretty spendy, so having sponsored content to cover the cost of photos is something I am working towards.
- Get help. If I’ve learned anything this year is you can’t do it all on your own. Plus, it’s much more fun when you have others to collaborate with and friends who support you in your dreams.
- Make lists. Most nights I find it incredibly hard to shut down and get to bed early. I tend to keep all my to-dos in my head. Making a list and doing a mind dump gets it out on paper and allows me to step away and feel confident when I return.
- Bring in more sponsored content and brand collaborations to cover blogging expenses. I would love to be able to establish some long-term partnerships rather than one-time gigs.
- Connect more with my readers and create content they love. My newsletter will help with this.
- Lace & Pearls Jewelry is an extension of this blog and my love for jewelry. I hope to do some craft shows, sell stuff online, and have my products in several stores by end of 2018.
If you don’t take anything else from today’s post, remember this. Go for your dream, no matter how big or small it is. The worst that can happen is it doesn’t work. On the flip side, it could be a huge success. Don’t go through life wondering what if, instead think I will!
For this milestone, I wanted to wear a party dress but still remain true to my personal style. This tulle dress hit the mark and is one that I will definitely wear repeatedly. I like that it can easily be dressed down. I was tempted to pair it with some booties but decided against it.
If you’re a girly-girl like me then definitely grab this dress! I have a feeling it will go fast. Oh, I almost forgot to call out these gorgeous earrings! They’re SugarFix by Bauble Bar. They’re the perfect blush pink and totally my style. The necklace is one of my own designs and will be available soon to shop.
A big thank you to those who have supported my blogging journey! Every comment, visit, and acknowledgment means more than you know. Most of all, hugs and kisses to my sweet mom who is still my biggest cheerleader in every facet of my life. Love you much!
Shop the Post:
📷’s by Luba Kochubey Portraits