Photos by Michelle Dorman Photography
Top: Loft | Jeans: Loft (similar)| Shoes: Jessica Simpson (similar) | Brooch: Vintage (similar) | Necklace: Loft | Bracelet: J.Crew (old) | Rings: Old Navy (in stores) | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar) | Purse: Old Navy | Lipstick : Wet n Wild (color Mocha-licious)
I am a huge fan of lace and all things girly. Today I’m going to share my tips for styling lace. If you’re not super girly, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with some tips on toughening up your look.
- Dress – Lace dresses come in a variety of colors. I would shop for one in cream, navy, burgundy, or black. These shade are classic and easy to style. I suggest choosing a dress that falls above the knee for versatility.
- Top – Lace tops can be tricky. You don’t want it too boxy and falling away from the body. If you can find one that is fitted it will provide you with a better profile.
- Skirt – If you’re note super keen on lace, starting with a skirt is a good idea. You can break up the lace with another fabric up top.
Complete Your Lace Look
- (Faux) Leather Jacket- Toughen up a lace piece with the ultimate badass accessory, the leather jacket. You can do no wrong with this pairing and you will exude chicness.
- (Faux) Leather pant- Leather leggings are edgy and cool. Just throw them on and you’re good to go.
- Chambray/Denim Jacket – A denim top of some sort will break up the look and provide a casual chic vibe.
- Denim – Solid denim or distressed is the way to go depending on the look you want to achieve. I love an awesome pair of distressed jeans, but a solid pair would keep the look more polished and clean.
- Pants – Depending on the color of lace you can pretty much style with any color. If you’re feeling bold you could go for a printed bottom.
Last but certainly not least is your accessories. You can wear any type of shoe to fit the occasion. If you’re dressing up for an evening out, I’d suggest wearing a heel or wedge. If you’re going casual, wear a cute pair of booties. For a classic look try a flat.
For this look I kept it casual and paired the blouse with distressed denim and ballerina pink flats. I wanted to play up the feminine details so I added a rhinestone brooch, a locket, and the cutest cross body bag. I love the juxtaposition of pale pink and snakeskin!
Shop The Post: