I always enjoy a top 10 roundup of the previous year’s blog posts. It’s a great way to discover things that you might have missed or re-visit your favorites. I also find it therapeutic to re-read posts and get a better understanding of why it might have been popular and how I can create similar content. So without further ado here are the top 10 posts of 2018!
If you’re like me, you might be wondering to yourself whether printed pants are still in; I think they might be out, but love them regardless! I know that they aren’t for everyone, but for those who love them, don’t give up on them just yet! I still believe you can breathe some life back into this trend.
Even though I’m a fashion blogger, I’m not necessarily up to speed on my fashion know-how and the latest trends. I rarely immerse myself in what’s on the runway, but still feel it’s important for me to stay in the loop. I thought I would start with something simple and decided to look up the top colors for fall/winter. The one that stood out to me the most was this vibrant red color that Pantone is calling Valiant Poppy.
I don’t typically focus on seasonal trends, but with the buzz of New York Fashion Week and fall approaching, what better time than now to familiarize myself with some of the upcoming looks for 2018? After scrolling through a handful of looks – pantsuits, the resurgence of the 80s, and leopard print everything – I came across western wear and thought this would be an easy trend to focus on, especially since most of the pieces can already be found in your closet or easily thrifted.Read More »
This series is part of the 10X10 Spring Challenge. For more information on what it is and how it works, click here.
I’ve never really been a fan of the knit dress, but now I understand why they are so popular. They’re easy to style, pack well, and can be dressed up or down. What’s fun about this dress is the color-block detail and contrasting blue and white vertical stripes. It’s a great dress for now and later!
The Knit Dress and Why You Need One
- Get ready quick. It takes the guesswork out of getting ready. Depending on the weather, you can either go bare leg or wear tights. Then top things off with your outerwear or a lightweight sweater. You can also get creative and style this dress with a cute pair of sneakers, wedges, or flats.
- Wear on multiple occasions. What’s great about this dress is that it works for the office by adding a lightweight blazer, you can wear it on vacation, or even when running errands. The lightweight material and length make this dress super flattering and comfortable. Perfect for wherever the day takes you!
- Great for vacations. This dress is perfect for travel since it won’t take up much space in your luggage. It will also pack well and need very little ironing, especially if you roll the dress instead of folding.
- It makes you think outside of the box. It’s like the modern take on the little black dress but a bit more interesting. You can wear it as a skirt (shown here), with a vest (today’s post) or with a lightweight jacket. It would also look cute with a tied waist blouse or a white denim jacket.
- You can change up the overall look and feel with accessories. Wouldn’t this dress look so cute with a floral or striped scarf? I like the idea of mixing prints, especially in the warmer months.
If you are in the market for a knit dress, look no further than J.Jill for some cute spring essentials. They have a plethora of great options.
Are you a fan of the knit dress? Share in the comments.
Shop the post:
*c/o: courtesy of or gifted.
More From This Series:
- Unintentional Capsule Wardrobe + Spring Wardrobe Challenge 10×10
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #1 – Mastering the Half-Tuck
- Spring Wardrobe Challenge Outfit #2 – Taking Fashion Risk