With a 9-5, fashion blog, and newly established jewelry business, I’m often asked how I manage. The truth is…I just make it work, even if that means sacrificing my house (it seriously looks like a cyclone went through it), sleep deprivation, and a neglected husband. These things are terrible, I know, but I want to be completely honest. I’m hoping to correct these bad habits over time and at the top of my list right now is to spend more time with my husband. So important!
I was recently featured in the Style Collective newsletter. Not familiar with SC? It’s literally the go-to for all things blogging and I wish it was around when I first started. It would have saved me a lot of blood, sweat, and tears! With SC, I no longer need to hop around to various sources to get what I need since it’s all in one place. The site and the podcast provide a wealth of knowledge for entrepreneurs and influencers and my favorite features include the blog, blog prep kits, and the e-courses and guides! The community element and forum topics are a huge plus too.
For the feature, I was asked to share a bit about myself and add 3 blogging tips for new bloggers. I thought these tips might be of some value to my audience and I’ve added a bonus tip just for Lace & Pearls readers. Enjoy!
A few months ago I did a Facebook live with Zulily. During the segment, the topic of white denim came up and whether it was safe to wear during fall and winter. Being a fashion blogger, I triumphantly shared that it was a must-do and that all of the fashionistas are doing it, then sheepishly admitted that I hadn’t done it myself. Within seconds, I had agreed to wear white denim this season.
Surprisingly, I was able to come up with not one but three white denim looks! For today’s post, I am focusing on this one along with some tips for embracing this sometimes controversial trend. Long gone are the days of not wearing white after Labor Day.
First off, these jeans are my absolute favorite pair of white denim! They are uber comfortable and super flattering. I’m all for minimizing the mid-section, and these have lift-tuck technology to help flatten the tummy and lift the rear. I love the ankle hem length too; it works so well with booties! The fabric is very thick, which is even better for colder months. I have had these pair for several years now and they still look great, no matter how many times I wear them.
The sweater is more of a summer knit but the added weight and detail made for a good transitional piece. The floral-like statement necklace just makes this look that much cuter.
The key to wearing white denim in the fall is to winterize. Use these tips and tricks to rock your white denim all year long. After a while, you’ll wonder why you didn’t start wearing this trend sooner.
- Footwear. Living in Seattle, the weather can really dictate what I’m going to wear, especially when commuting.You can do a lot in the shoe department. I’ve seen everything from over the knee boots to heels to booties. My favorite shoe choice for white denim is probably the bootie or a pair of OTK boots in gray or beige. If you know me, I like to play it safe when it comes to my clothing. I still have yet to try the OTK boot trend but maybe that will be my next challenge.
- Chunky sweaters or cardis. You could create a classic all-white/beige look and wear your white denim with a cable knit sweater. Whatever, you decide just make sure your sweater is a bit oversized and cozy, bonus points if it’s textured.
- Classic Winter coat. For this outfit, I would definitely go with my tried and true stadium coat in beige (here’s an identical option on sale). If your outfit is neutral, any of these colors would look great. If you can afford it, maybe have both in your closet: a classic coat, plus a colorful fun coat to change things up.
- Accessorize with a cute floppy or pageboy hat. Add a pop of color to brighten up a dreary day or go neutral for a classic everyday look. My favorite winter color is beige or camel. For color, I recommend going with burgundy or another jewel tone. The traditional knit hat with a poof would also look cute.
How do you style your white denim in the colder months?
Shop the Look:
*c/o: courtesy of or gifted.
📷’s by Luba Kochubey Portraits
Blouse: J. Crew (similar) | Jeans: NYDJ (similar) | Necklace: Sophie Harper (via Rocksbox)| Bracelet: Loren Hope (via Rocksbox) | Earrings: House of Harlow (via Rocksbox)| Midi Ring: c/o Pretty Particular (use code laceandpearls to receive 20 % off your order) | Sandals: Josef Seibel | Purse: Favery (borrowed) | Lip gloss: Georgio Armani (#519) | Lashes: Ardell (similar)
The weather is finally turning nice in Seattle and I’ve been taking full advantage with lunch hour walks. I love being able to step away from the desk and see people walking their dogs, jogging, and biking. It’s probably one of the best parts of my day.
To make a smooth transition into Spring there are a couple fashion accessories that you will need.
4 Fashion Accessories You Need For Spring
- A colorful tote. This beautiful handwoven tote (with POM POMs) is the perfect accessory to carry you through Summer. It’s not only versatile but suits most occasions (the beach, farmers market, and dinning al fresco). I would pair this bag with a floral dress, shorts, a skirt, or jeans.
- White denim. The ultimate fashion blogger accessory for Spring. I bought this pair last summer and wore them to death. They are perfect for work and easy to style. Wear them with a button down shirt, blouse, or tee. The NYDJ in particular are super comfortable and wash up like new. They have survived numerous spills and the stain always comes out.
- A pair of neutral sandals. As mentioned in this post, I have the worst luck with shoes. In my search I found these Josef Seibel sandals. They are on-trend and so comfortable. My heart literally sang when I put them on. No break-in necessary; you can wear them right out of the box! I need them in every color.
- A midi ring or two. I have always been hesitant of midi rings, and wondered how they stayed on. I found this one at Pretty Particular (use code laceandpearls to receive 20 % off your order) and it fits perfectly snug. I love the color and the gold beads on each end. I am now part of the cool girls club with this edgy accessory.
- A good seasonal lipstick or gloss
- Staple sunnies
- Juicy beach reads. Got any recommendations?
- Cute water bottle
- Denim jacket
P.S. The necklace, earrings, and bracelet are all from Rocksbox, a jewelry rental service. I will be doing a review on their service later this month. If you can’t wait until then get your first month free with code laceandpearlsblogxoxo at checkout.
What are your Spring essentials?
Shop the Post:
I am excited for the long Memorial Day weekend. It couldn’t have come at a more perfect time! We are moving at the end of the month. I want to have our place packed up and ready by the time we head back to work.
I adore feminine lace details (hence my blog name). The pale pink hue of this blouse makes it extra appealing. It’s definitely a piece that I wear often. I am excited to bust out my white pants for spring. I had forgotten about them and was pleasantly surprised to find them packed away with my warm weather items.
What is everyone else up to this weekend?